Thursday 24 February 2022

Rantus Minimus

                                                White Privilege: Sounds Fair

This is a short and simple rant directed at those who deem that I should be ashamed of my accident of birth.

It appears that being a white man living comfortably in this world is somehow a crime or at least something we should apologise for. Now it is true that most folks in this world live in dire poverty and there are huge manifest injustices endured by vast swathes of people. Is the world a fair place? Manifestly, the world is not a fair place. Your standing, wealth prospects and quality of living is mostly determined by where, when and to whom you are born. Isaac Newton could only have found the comfortable leisure time to be educated and to research the way he did because of his privilege enjoyed by his position in 17th century England. Did he deserve this position? This question makes little sense. Tis better to applaud his good fortune. Not only did he have a prodigious intellect but was also endowed with the leisure time to indulge his good fortune. If he had been born 150 years prior to his birth date, the intellectual milieu of the time would have precluded scientific enquiry. Newton, although a pious man, embraced the new scientific method with gusto. The confluence of these three strands of good fortune enabled greatness and intellectual immortality. Newton, by chance, could have been born a dullard or into a family of stout, but poor yeomen. In such circumstances, scientific advancement, at least to the degree, as shown, would have had to await the occasion of solicitous good fortune in a suitably primed individual, or individuals. I've digressed a tad, but I think I've made my point. It makes no logical or moral sense to castigate an individual thusly blessed.

Continuing with the theme: Another tactic employed by the left is to place the 'guilt of the fathers' upon the heads of the extant. If my ancestor(s) had been involved in the black slave trade, what is that to me? Am I supposed to express extreme contrition at this historical turn of events? Again, the answer is a resounding no. The is no justice in the passing of the supposed sins of the 'grandfathers' to generations now present or still to come. There can be no inherited shame. Although, divine retribution effortlessly transcends the generations, the law of man, is rightly restricted to the miscreant in hand. The justice system of God, of the Old Testament, has never been adopted/adapted by nations, except in the realm of the totalitarian state. God's sense of justice (humour?) is too rich for mortal blood and is to be eschewed.

The left's obsession with 'white guilt' has been ravenously gobbled up by that wretched group, The 'woke'. If this is the cost of being awake, then I'm glad to be the recipient of moral torpor; perchance to dream, the somnolence of the just.      

5 comments:

  1. Ah, but if the Woke can convince you of your guilt for past actions of your ancestors then they can argue that you should pay 'reparations' to the descendants of past victims. Who it is argued were black. How much of that money would actually reach those descendants is an interesting question - I rather think that a lot would be diverted for 'administration' and 'oversight'.

    Meanwhile I'd just like to point out that the country now known as England has been previously colonised by the Romans, the Anglo Saxons, the Vikings and the Normans. Where's my fair share of the reparations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been oppressed, I want my cut....

      Delete
    2. Likewise: I demand from (one of) the Italian gubmint(s) my reparations for those rotten Romans.

      I'm not even greedy: £10,000 would do§.

      §Plus, of course, interest compounded since 410 AD at 3% per annum...

      Delete
    3. I've been oppressed by the Romans (who hasn't)- what have the Romans ever done for us? Perhaps we should tap the gigantic wealth of the Catholic Church?

      Delete
  2. As Oscar Wilde said, you should always forgive your enemies because nothing annoys them more.

    Maybe it's my age and where I live, but I've never actually encountered anybody "woke" in the real world (i.e. face to face). When I have it's been online, primarily in blog forums (I avoid the anti-human sewer euphemistically known as "soshul meeja).

    To paraphrase "Oh that's terrible, I'm so sorry". Studiously omit the "but I really couldn't give a tuppenny fuck/what do you expect me to do about it" and watch heads explode.

    The vicious, childish and spiteful resentment of these people. The sheer hypocrisy. Above all, the intergalactic inferiority complexes.

    And when the "woke" consider themselves to be "educated" and consequently try to apply a veneer of smugness and self righteousness!

    The real value of doing this is that it makes them turn on each other (or rather steers them. They can't, of course, be made to do anything). A prime example of this (logical result of lunacy?) is "colorism".

    If you haven't, just put "colorism" (spell it properly. Homage to it's origins where it's the 51st state, the "we wuz kangs" state).

    Truly extraordinary what can be found. Rationalisation turned into a religion!

    White guilt? To paraphrase a well known hair sniffing, farting puppet: If you're guilty you ain't white.

    I truly cannot get inside the minds of these people (not sure I'd really want to). But then, they want to normalise kiddy fiddling as well (If one thing epitomizes the utter moral degeneracy of "woke")

    ReplyDelete