Friday 10 July 2015

Smoking Shit

Smoking shit, ain't cool

The other day I was reading a book about the ‘Battle of Stalingrad’ in the Second World War; don't worry, this post is not about the battle. However, one passage caught my attention. During the transport of German prisoners by rail, the author noted that the hardened smokers amongst the German troops collected dried Camel dung for smoking during their transportation to the POW camp. This, of course, had me thinking…….

A quick Google search: ‘Can you smoke animal dung?, elicits 11,000,300 pages. However, a cursory look quickly establishes that only the first page is germane to the topic under consideration. Dung as a fuel source for cooking and heating has been used by dirty, smelly, foreign folk, for centuries. Although I’ve been assured, that once dry, animal faeces lose their characteristic, fresh odour/ordure. No great surprise, I suppose, that there is a paucity of information concerning the practice of smoking animal waste. But what is out there is absolutely fascinating. Read on and weep, in equal measure.

Apparently there is some old fella in the wastelands (all of it) of Iran who hasn't bathed for 60 years. It will come as no surprise, perhaps, that he also smokes animal dung in a pipe. Who would have thought that a man with questionable hygiene habits would also be partial to smoking faeces? He is also looking for love- good luck with that mate. Just in case you think I'm making this shit up, here is the link.

The obvious question that needs to be asked is- why bother? Tobacco is smoked because smokers gain access to the addictive and psychoactive drug, nicotine.    

Some of the 'articles' are clearly not to be taken seriously. Others elicit curiosity. It is conjectured that smoking animal dung releases methane gas which can induce a high. I know crap is free, but methane gas cylinders are relatively cheap. But if you are a gypo living in a third world shit-hole, wat ya gonna do? I'm not totally convinced though. Another site, aptly called: 'Legends and Rumours', suggest that animal faeces contain a host of psychoactive substances formed during the digestive process. Frankly, I can't be bothered to do the fundamental research to challenge the veracity of these assertions.

Just as you thought it couldn't get worse, check out this twat. He can't even be bothered to dry out the shit he smokes. I suppose it is his  90 seconds of fame. Watcher beware! On second thoughts, don't bother. He is clearly after a 'viral video' in order to make loads of cash. Don't indulge him, I beseech thee. Total wanker.
  
     




4 comments:

  1. I confess to having smoked shit in my yoof - but in those days it was slang for cannabis resin. Much snappier, I thought.

    Talking of shit, I have corrected the link in your post which was pointing to your edit post page - so your HTML is still shit even if you can't smoke it.

    My invoice is in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I'm getting better- baby steps with the techy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latakia tobacco, much loved by us pipe smokers, is cured using the smoke from oak or pine fires, but I recently read that, traditionally, the fires used were of camel dung. So, maybe not such a bad idea. Most Latakia is produced in Cyprus these days, but Latakia is actually a region of Syria (Assad's stronghold). Production is probably down this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. Buy IQOS

    ReplyDelete