Friday 15 June 2018

Moving House: A very sensible and brief post



I haven't had much time to blog over the last 2 weeks due to the upheaval associated with relocating our life.

Not been the best of weeks. We officially moved into our new house last Monday. As our stuff was arriving by van on Tuesday morning we spent a night on the bare floor- did wonders for my glass back. Of course, it piddled down for two solid days. Next problem: couldn't get all our stuff in a 60sq metre van and had to hire a small truck to transport the rest. Tis amazing how much crap that can be accumulated considering that when we first arrived in Nuzzieland we had virtually bugger all and had to start from scratch. Enough moaning, otherwise I'll be labelled as the archetypal wingeing Pomm.

So, the worst is over, I suspect. Still, have custody of the old house until Wednesday. At least it will give us the chance to give the place a good clean. I've got 2 more weeks of work and officially retire on June 29th. I suppose this is where life gets interesting. Less stress, no more work and the new house can be organised and sorted, at leisure. It hasn't really struck home that I'm retiring. A complete change and direction in life. Can't wait........

Normal service will be resumed when I can find my medication. Arse.

5 comments:

  1. They’ll not be able to catch you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless the voices in my head tell them where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the first things to do is find the location of the nearest dump.I can guarantee that a lot of the stuff you moved either will not fit or will look so crap that `er indoors will demand its immediate removal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just removal, but replacement. Bang goes Flax's beer fund for some time...

      Delete
    2. Lots of crap. Luckily, we have a big barn to shove it into. As for the beer fund- gonna have to brew my own.

      Delete